Been working on improving an old 4D coaster of mine, and I noticed it seemed significantly longer that real life versions (all one of them now ๐). Recently watched a video where the guy mentioned some of the speed is lost through conversion into seat rotations, and I'm wondering if NL2 accounts for that (correctly, if at all) ๐ค
The min/max position of the seats feels like it should be a bit different so the seats can be in the 'bucket' position (as I've been calling it; at like a 30-45ยฐ or so tilt) which seems to be the natural balance point of the seats
The clearance envelope also feels like it should rotate with the seats to have a more accurate representation of necessary clearance (not sure why free spinning rides have that at all since they need to account for the maximum possible width at every point, and why the 4D doesn't, tbh)
Been working on improving an old 4D coaster of mine, and I noticed it seemed significantly longer that real life versions (all one of them now ๐). Recently watched a video where the guy mentioned some of the speed is lost through conversion into seat rotations, and I'm wondering if NL2 accounts for that (correctly, if at all) ๐ค
The min/max position of the seats feels like it should be a bit different so the seats can be in the 'bucket' position (as I've been calling it; at like a 30-45ยฐ or so tilt) which seems to be the natural balance point of the seats
The clearance envelope also feels like it should rotate with the seats to have a more accurate representation of necessary clearance (not sure why free spinning rides have that at all since they need to account for the maximum possible width at every point, and why the 4D doesn't, tbh)